Setup & Install
HP Envy Printers | HP Printer Setup and Install Support
Did you just buy a new HP printer? Congratulations. Now, you must proceed with its setup and installation. The process is quite easy and can be done in a short time. But, if you face any issues, just dial the HP printer toll-free number and get adequate HP printer support.
With the help of the HP Printer Assistant program, one can set up their HP printers. If your HP printer was manufactured in or after 2009, then you can set it up using the HP Printer Assistant. In case of any query or doubt, dial the HP printer support phone number to get immediate resolutions.
Setting Up and Installing HP Printer
Step 1: Connect the HP printer
- In order to get access to the HP Printer Assistant software, click on the Connect a new printer option.
- When the prompt comes, choose the type of connection.
- After that, follow the guidelines given on the screen to set up the HP printer.
- In case of failure to establish a connection, click on Retry or contact the HP printer technical support staff.
- Power off the printer.
- Reboot the PC.
- Power the printer back on and launch HP Printer Assistant.
Step 2: Uninstall old HP printer software and driver
Before getting the latest HP software, you need to remove any previously stored HP print driver as well as software. The HP printer customer service team will walk you through the process of uninstalling existing printer software and driver.
- Detach the USB cable from the HP printer, if needed.
- Now, go to the Start menu can locate the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Now, locate the HP printer program and hit Uninstall.
- To remove the software, follow the guidelines on the screen.
- Reboot the system.
Step 3: Install the most recent HP printer driver
- Power on your HP printer.
- Unplug the USB cable from it, if needed.
- Installing the software will prompt the user to plug the USB when required.
- Visit the HP printer support page.
- Now, identify the device you are using in the webpage.
- After clicking on Printer, enter its model number.
- Hit the Submit button.
- In order to alter the operating system, hit the Change button.
- Choose the OS version and press Change.
- Scroll down to Driver.
- Click on the Download button.
If you are unable to download the driver, then check your internet connection. You can also avail the HP printer customer service to seek help. You have to give a call on the HP printer toll-free number.
Step 4: Reboot the system and the HP printer
- The final setup process for HP printers involves restarting the computer and printer.
- Power off the HP printer.
- Reboot the computer.
- Power the printer back on.
- Launch the HP Printer Assistant software.
If you cannot open the HP Printer Assistant, then do the following:
- In the Printer Setup and Software window, select the option called “Connect a new printer.”
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Reboot the HP printer and the computer again to complete the process of installation.
If you encounter any difficulty with the steps, then the trained technicians at HP printer customer support will guide you. HP printer support is extremely reliable and offers prompt resolutions.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Installation Failure in Mac
If you have a wired or wireless HP printer and cannot install it on your Mac, then contact the HP printer technical support to fix the problem. Here are some ways to fix the issue:
- Confirm the wireless or wired network connection.
- Try setting up a wireless or wired connection to the network manually.
- Turn off the Firewall on the Mac for a short time.
- Try resetting the printing system.
- Reboot the Mac, HP printer, and router.
- Uninstall and reinstall the driver and HP printer software.
- Dial the HP printer support number.
If you cannot install and setup your HP printer, then get in touch with HP printer customer support.